Join DDW’s Megan Thomas and Reece Armstrong with sponsor Taconic Biosciences for the first DDW Turning Science into Business Summit, ‘Cancer research opportunities and advances’, on 16 November at 7AM PDT / 10AM EST / 3PM GMT / 4PM CET.
This free 2-hour Summit will take place online and will outline areas of advancement and opportunity in the cancer research market. Experts and thought leaders in cancer research, precision medicine and immunotherapy will describe the latest research and the role of technology to help discover targets, develop cancer therapeutics and vaccines and, get to market faster.
Speakers will include:
- Qasim Ahmad, CMO of IO Biotech, on the next wave of immunotherapies
- Andreas Dreps, SrVP and Global Head of Science, and Muaiad Kittaneh, Senior Director at ICON, on identifying research strategies to get to market faster
- Joseph R Peterson, CTO & Co-founder, SimBioSys, on genomics and personalised medicine.
The presentations will be followed by a panel discussion addressing new drug discovery and development concepts and tools in cancer research, and how these new approaches – e.g. engineered proteins, antibodies, micro RNA, nanocarriers, antibody drug conjugates – can help address unmet need in oncology. It will include Spiro Rombotis, CEO, Cyclacel, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing innovative cancer medicines, Joseph R Peterson, CTO & Co-founder, SimBioSys, and Dr Michael Seiler, Vice President of Commercial Products, Taconic Biosciences.
Find out the answer to questions such as:
- Where is the opportunity in the cancer research market?
- What are the best research tools to aid development of new treatments and vaccines?
- How will immune-oncology approaches to cancer therapy – such as checkpoint inhibitors and chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell-based products – develop?
- How can you recognise and overcome the challenges in cancer research?
- Where is immunotherapy heading and where should research be focusing?