Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences has an opening for the Director of The Stack Family Centre for Biopharmaceutical Education and Training (CBET). CBET is an evolutionary leap in health sciences education and biomanufacturing workforce training.
The CBET Director will be responsible for the development and creation of sustainable operations of the Centre, reporting to the President and working collaboratively with the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the President’s Office and the Office of Institutional Advancement.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the ongoing development of the Centre including facilities buildout and development of the academic and workforce development programs, as well as contract research and collaborative projects.
- In conjunction with CBET faculty and industrial adjunct faculty, develop and deliver relevant hands-on courses and workshops for degree students and working professionals. Be responsible for the continual updating of course content and workshops.
- Build a network of industrial clients enrolling employees in customised workshops.
- Oversee the recruitment of permanent faculty, support personnel and industry adjunct faculty.
- With the assistance of the Corporate Engagement Lead manage the CBET Advisory Group for the Centre and recruit new members to the Group.
- Be responsible for equipment, workflow, and facility maintenance.
- Manage the CBET Budget
- In conjunction with ongoing efforts, actively seek and obtain extramural funding from federal, state, private and corporate sources.
- Represent ACPHS on NIIMBL and other external programs.
- Develop a long-term strategic business plan for the Centre.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of biopharmaceutical manufacturing – from R&D handoff through to drug product distribution
- Knowledge of manufacturing needs for cell and gene therapy.
- Preferred: industry experience in biopharmaceutical manufacturing
- Strategic planning experience
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent network with industry professionals
Education and Experience:
- PhD or equivalent in a relevant field
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a managerial operations role for a biopharmaceutical company
- Prior teaching experience desirable.
For further information click here.