Nicola Richmond, VP of AI, BenevolentAI, will be speaking at the Tech Theatre, ELRIG Drug Discovery 2022, supported by DDW.
Nicola Richmond is a mathematician with over 20 years’ experience of developing digital solutions to problems in drug discovery and development. She will be presenting a talk on ‘The lab of the future is now: Using AI or automation for the drug discovery process’.
The Tech Theatre will feature a series of seminars focused on automation and technology for drug discovery.
The event will take place on October 4-5, London Excel, UK and topics will include:
- Taking first steps towards liquid handling automation
- The role of AI and automation in personalised medicine: How can AI help in the post drug discovery process
- Data handling and choosing the right informatics systems for your lab requirements
- How can automation help the discovery of biologics and biosimilars?
- The lab of the future is now: Using AI or automation for the discovery process
- The sustainable lab. Building a global culture of sustainability in science
- The automated lab and the human
- The remote lab: Is this the future?
After completing her PhD in pure mathematics, Richmond transitioned into chemoinformatics as a contract researcher at Unilever R&D. She joined GlaxoSmithKline in 2004 where she worked in a variety of leadership roles focussing on accelerating small molecule and monoclonal antibody drug discovery and development through design of novel approaches to leveraging data and latterly as Director of Machine Learning Engineering, where she built and led the GSK.ai Fellowship Programme. At BenevolentAI, Richmond is responsible for the company’s AI strategy.
Seminars are free to attend but spaces are limited and require advanced registration. Click here now to register.