How to submit an article to DDW
A summary and working title of the proposed piece can only be considered by submitting the Editorial request form, which you can download by clicking on this link: Editorial Request Form
Any manuscript submitted to DDW must NOT be being considered for publication elsewhere.
DDW is dedicated to providing articles that are of broad interest to both bench scientist and senior management alike. Any submitted article will be received by DDW's editorial staff on the basis of its scientific quality, technological appropriateness and above all that it adheres to the DDW ‘style' of objectivity and exclusion or indeed perception of bias. All articles should contain a blend of science, technology and business content, overall focusing on the commercial implications of implementing new technologies.
All articles should be sent as a Word document and all images, graphs, tables etc should be sent as separate documents. These should be at least 300 dpi and in a gif, tiff or eps format. Powerpoint slides should be avoided at all costs!
All articles should run to circa 2500-3000 words in length and should be accompanied by a 50 word biog of each author.
Reprints and high res pdf's of articles can be ordered through the Reprints Department.
Terms of Acceptance for Publication
Material submitted for publication is accepted on the following terms:
1. That the material is the contributor's own sole original work, that it has not been copied wholly or substantially from any other work or material and that the publication and the use of the material by the publisher will not infringe the rights of any third party.
2. That the material has not been and will not be published on any media other than as shall be determined by the publisher and that no rights have been granted in the material to any other person in any part of the world.
3. That the material contains nothing that is libellous, defamatory, indecent or illegal or in breach of any regulations or codes of practice relevant to the nature of the material.
4. That the contributor will not indemnify the publisher against all loss, damages and costs (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) sustained by the publisher arising out of any breach of the foregoing conditions and shall provide all such reasonable assistance as the publisher may request in connection with any alleged breach.
5. That there shall vest in the publisher all copyright in the material and the exclusive right to do and authorise others to do any and all acts restricted by Part 1 of the copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended or replaced from time to time in relation to the material in the United Kingdom and all rights of a similar nature conferred in respect of the material by the laws of any other part of the world for the full period thereof including all renewals and extensions (and the contributor hereby waives his right to be identified as the author of the material)(and his right to object to derogatory treatment of the material)
RJ Communications & Media Ltd.
39 Vineyard Path,
Tel: +44 (020) 8487 5656
Fax: +44 (020) 8487 5666