Covid-19 has highlighted the current operational vulnerabilities in pharmaceutical research and in the drug discovery pipeline. Bringing new drugs to the market is still a slow and expensive process, with far too high costs, failure rates and cycle times. With low reproducibility and inefficient processes delaying the path to approval, the pandemic is prompting a fundamental reassessment of strategic priorities.
In this webinar, hosted by DDW and supported by BMG LABTECH, Dr Daniel Thomas, Head of Discovery Biology at Arctoris will describe how Arctoris´ automated platform Ulysses, helped to accelerate onboarding and validation of three critical assays targeted on SARS-CoV-2 drug discovery. Case studies will focus on key target functions such as viral processing, infectivity and transmission.
Dr Daniel Thomas is an experienced drug discovery professional with over 20 years of experience in the pharma and biotech industries.
This webinar will discuss:
- How automated experimental and analytical workflows can deliver superior quality data and expedite project timelines
- Three Covid-19 case study examples to highlight the attainable data quality
- How state-of-the-art microplate readers support robust assay performance
Who should attend:
- Biotechs with focus on anti-viral drug development and molecular virology and cellular response and/or new approaches to improve efficiency.
- Pharma industry and CRO with focus on anti-viral drugs discovery and/or new approaches to improve efficiency.